Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel & Gaming Complex, is a historic landmark in the downtown Deadwood area. A place where you can escape into a world of games, fun, food and rest. The site of the Silverado Gaming Establishing has been important to Deadwood since the legendary gold camp sprang up in late 1875. The junction of City Creek and Whitewood Creek, just a few feet from the Silverado, was the site of the first gold strike in Deadwood Gulch, made by Frank S. Bryant when he was out hunting. After the city of Deadwood was laid out and began to develop, the current Silverado buidling was constructed by local philanthropist and businessman W.E. Adams for the Hills Chevrolet Company. Built in 1933, it was later renamed the Franklin Garage. Montgomery Ward was also a tenant of this building. When the citizens of South Dakota Legalized gaming in 1989, the Silverado purchased and restored the structure. A large addition, constructed to match the historic brickwork of the original Franklin Garage, was built in 1995. With a large players center, spacious restaurant, open gaming floor and the biggest poker room in town, the Silverado Gaming Establishment ranks as the largest casino on Deadwood's Historic Main Street.